From: LURKER on
I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates.

I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2

How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO?
From: David B. on
Either uninstall SP3 from Home Edition or slipstream SP3 into your XP Pro
installation media and create a new installation CD.

From: db on
there is very little difference between
the home version and the pro.

I think one minor difference is that
the pro has a partition utility while
the home version does not.

but there are free partition utilities
available "and" a retail version of
a partition utility should cost much
less than an entire operating system.

unless your home version is pirated,
my suggestion is to take the "pro"
back for a refund,

especially since winxp is now to
versions behind because of the
latest release of win 7.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Leonard Grey on
Via clean install.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Daave on
LURKER wrote:
> I have Windows XP Home, SP3 with latest updates.
>
> I purchased Retail Windows PRO with SP2
>
> How do I upgrade my XP home to XP PRO?

Hopefully you can return that CD for a refund since there are not too
many differences between Home and Pro. And there are a number of simple
tweaks available to make Home have the sorts of features you can find in
Pro (for instance, accessing data on a network or printing to networked
printers).

Out of curiosity, what specific features do you believe you need that XP
Home doesn't provide?

If there really is a sound reason to upgrade to XP Pro (and again, I
doubt this very much!), David B. has the right method(s) for you.