From: Happythinker4u on
In Outlook 2003, I have a read receipt that is trying to be sent through a
pop3 account I do not have access to. It has been trying for days. How can I
find and delete this read receipt?
From: VanguardLH on
Happythinker4u wrote:

> In Outlook 2003, I have a read receipt that is trying to be sent through a
> pop3 account I do not have access to. It has been trying for days. How can I
> find and delete this read receipt?

Do you have Outlook configured to automatically send receipts? If so,
why? Do you have Outlook configured to prompt when to send a requested
read receipt and you chose to send one? Read receipts are hidden by
Outlook in the Outbox folder, and Outlook has problems sending read
receipts which gets them stuck in the Outbox folder (where you can't see
them).

One method of getting rid of hidden stuck read receipts is to use
Outlookspy. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm.
Outlookspy isn't free. It expires after its month trial period but is
fully functional during that time. Use it to fix your problem, then
reconfigure Outlook's tracking options to always ignore read receipt
requests.

MDBVU32.EXE from Microsoft is free but more difficult to use. Read
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm.