From: Sparky on
Hi , LONG time Outlook user here..and I'm stumped !

I accidentally deleted a Distribution list from my Outlook 2007 contacts
this afternoon. Immediately , I tried EDIT >UNDO , but it was greyed out.

I searched Deleted Items in Mail ( thinking all deleted Outlook items ended
up there ) and I couldn't find it. I searched Personal Folders as well ..but
still no joy.

I ended up recreating it , but the question remains , ..." Where did it go
?? " ( in case I do it again..)

Many Thanks

From: David Webb on
Next time it happens simply restore it from your backup.

What, you say you have no backup? Then here's what you need to fix that:

Outlook 2007/2003/2002 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=en

This is for both LONG time and new users. ;)

From: Sparky on
Actually, I backup regularly , but having to restore from a backup to
retrieve 1 deleted item seems like overkill to me.

Obviously it needs it's own recycle bin for non-mail items or at least EDIT

From: David Webb on

> Actually, I backup regularly , but having to restore from a backup to retrieve
> 1 deleted item seems like overkill to me.

That's where I disagree. It seems to me that it would take far less time to
simply temporarily mount the backup pst file and copy the missing DL rather than
to re-create the DL and then post a message to this newsgroup.

But that's just my thinking...

> Obviously it needs it's own recycle bin for non-mail items or at least EDIT
> > UNDO ?

There are ways to suggest product improvements to Microsoft but this is not the
forum for it.

From: Russ Valentine on
When I delete a DL, it goes to the Deleted Items Folder. That's what Outlook
does.
--
Russ Valentine