From: Catullus on
I'm using Outlook 2007 with an IMAP server for my business e-mail. Seemingly
without warning, and intermittently, deleted messages are failing to purge
from my in-box. The messages clearly show as deleted, but won't purge either
manually (Edit, Purge) or automatically (Purge on exiting folder). There's
perhaps a clue that when I log into the same account with an Exchange server,
the messages aren't there. I've tried restarting Outlook, and even
restarting the machine, all to no avail.

I'm wondering if this possibly has something to do with the Droid I recently
bought, though the problem occurs with respect to messages that were not read
by the Droid (and messages that were read).

From: williamtell on
Try this:
Open Outlook>click file>click Work Offline>close Outlook>open Outlook Delete
E-Mails>close Outlook>open Outlook>click File>uncheck Work Offline
HTH