From: JohnKF on
When I delete, move or send a message using Outlook 2007 I find that if I
then log off Windows 7 when I log back on later the message is undeleted,
back in it's original location, sent again depending on what happened just
before I logged off.

Messages I've read just before logging off are also marked as unread when I
log back on.

If I log off Windows quite a while after using Outlook the problem does not
occur. It's as though Outlook has not written the new changed state/data to
the PST file.

Can anyone help with a solution to this please?
From: Orland, Kathleen on
When you close Outlook, check to see if Outlook.exe is still running in
processes. It takes a few minutes for the PST to be written to and closed.
If it takes longer and Outlook is not actually closing, read here:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm