From: racermom on
I am using Outlook 2007. I just set up my IMAP account with Go Daddy. My
Inbox current view is set to IMAP messages and the purge is off when
switching folders. The deleted messages stay in the inbox with a line
through until the next send/receive and syncronized the subscribed folders
and then they disappear automatically. I want to manually delete. Help I am
afraid to delete now.
From: Brian Tillman on

racermom;114566 Wrote:
> I am using Outlook 2007. I just set up my IMAP account with Go Daddy.
> My
> Inbox current view is set to IMAP messages and the purge is off when
> switching folders. The deleted messages stay in the inbox with a line
> through until the next send/receive and syncronized the subscribed
> folders
> and then they disappear automatically. I want to manually delete. Help
> I am
> afraid to delete now.

That's how IMAP accounts work. When you click Delete, the messages are
not deleted immediately but are marked for deletion at the next
synchronization event. If you want them to disappear right away, you
can either choose the "Hide Messages Marked for Deletion" view or click
Edit>Purge Deleted Messages.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]