From: Andrew on
I have an SBS 2003 R2 serving 5 client PC's.
On most PC's, deleting a document in My Documents is slow, but manageable,
taking about 2 to 5 seconds.
However, on one PC - you hit the delete key, wait 5 to 10 seconds, then
preparing to delete appears - wait 20 seconds or so, then the prompt for
Yes/No appears.
If I log in as a different user on the same PC, with only 5 small documents
in the My Documents folder, the result is the same.
I have tried different network drivers. Also set the NetBIOS option in
TCPIP to always enable.
Any other suggestions before I go buy a PCI card and disable the onboard LAN?
From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] on
Hi Andrew,

Try a different Ethernet cable and/or a different port on the switch.
Make sure RSS and TCP Chimney Offload (TaskOffload) are disabled on the NIC.

You also might want to post the results of an ipconfig /all for the
workstation.

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

From: Brian Cryer on
"Andrew @ Sedao" <Andrew @ Sedao(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an SBS 2003 R2 serving 5 client PC's.
> On most PC's, deleting a document in My Documents is slow, but manageable,
> taking about 2 to 5 seconds.
> However, on one PC - you hit the delete key, wait 5 to 10 seconds, then
> preparing to delete appears - wait 20 seconds or so, then the prompt for
> Yes/No appears.
> If I log in as a different user on the same PC, with only 5 small
> documents
> in the My Documents folder, the result is the same.
> I have tried different network drivers. Also set the NetBIOS option in
> TCPIP to always enable.
> Any other suggestions before I go buy a PCI card and disable the onboard
> LAN?

Have you tried emptying the recycle bin and then trying the delete?
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

From: Andrew on
Hi Brian,
Thanks for your reply. The recycle bin on that PC is empty.
Regards, Andrew.

From: Andrew on
Hi Merv,
Thanks for your suggestions.
I have swapped the cable for a pre-manufactured one (in case my hand made
one was the cause!!) - and I also swapped the switch for a similar one
elsewhere in the building. Neither of these made a difference.
I will try looking for those settings you suggested and get back to you with
the IPConfig if it's still an issue. May take a while though as the user is
very busy!.
Regards, Andrew.