From: WebJunkey on
Hey guys, first post, be gentle.

Doing my first access 2003/2007 report (file format is access 2003 but using
2007 as a front end, mainly due to network issues, but thats another issue)
and i'm running into an issue where the report won't stop putting the record
headers on pages w/o records (ie, footer section has its own page w/ just a
text label). Currently, i have the text for the fields in the 'page header'
section (which is probably why its popping up on every page), but if i try
giving it its own section, it only shows the text for the fields on the first
page, and not other pages.

Thanks in advance.

From: WebJunkey on
WebJunkey wrote:
>Hey guys, first post, be gentle.
>
>Doing my first access 2003/2007 report (file format is access 2003 but using
>2007 as a front end, mainly due to network issues, but thats another issue)
>and i'm running into an issue where the report won't stop putting the record
>headers on pages w/o records (ie, footer section has its own page w/ just a
>text label). Currently, i have the text for the fields in the 'page header'
>section (which is probably why its popping up on every page), but if i try
>giving it its own section, it only shows the text for the fields on the first
>page, and not other pages.
>
>Thanks in advance.

...on a side note, any suggestions on a good, more on the technical than
beginner side, for access? Note i'm using access 2003 file format but 2007
as the front end, so i'm not sure which copy i should pick up (2003 or 2007
access book).

Thanks again.

From: Marshall Barton on
WebJunkey wrote:
>Doing my first access 2003/2007 report (file format is access 2003 but using
>2007 as a front end, mainly due to network issues, but thats another issue)
>and i'm running into an issue where the report won't stop putting the record
>headers on pages w/o records (ie, footer section has its own page w/ just a
>text label). Currently, i have the text for the fields in the 'page header'
>section (which is probably why its popping up on every page), but if i try
>giving it its own section, it only shows the text for the fields on the first
>page, and not other pages.

Which footer?

If it's the report footer, then try setting the report's
PageHeader property to Not With Rpt Footer.

If it's a group footer, then it gets tricky, especially if
the group footer is sometimes on the same page as the last
detail and sometimes not. Please provide more specific
details about the footer.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: WebJunkey via AccessMonster.com on
Marshall Barton wrote:
>>Doing my first access 2003/2007 report (file format is access 2003 but using
>>2007 as a front end, mainly due to network issues, but thats another issue)
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>>giving it its own section, it only shows the text for the fields on the first
>>page, and not other pages.
>
>Which footer?
>
>If it's the report footer, then try setting the report's
>PageHeader property to Not With Rpt Footer.
>
>If it's a group footer, then it gets tricky, especially if
>the group footer is sometimes on the same page as the last
>detail and sometimes not. Please provide more specific
>details about the footer.

I found the little check box to fix my issue finally, but ty for the help.
The report footer wasn't an issue, the issue was the labels i had on top of
columns of data was printed on the top of pages that had no data. TY for the
timely response though.