From: gchichester via AccessMonster.com on
I have 40+ reports with somewhat critic names that would confuse my users, Is
there a way to assign
a alias/friendly name to the reports and use it to call the report from a
listbox?

Thank you for any and all suggestions
Gil

From: Steve on
Build a table of report names:
TblReportName
CryticName
UserFriendlyName

Make this table the Rowsource of your listbox. Set the Bound Column = 1,
Column Count = 2 and Column Width = 0, 3. The listbox will display the user
friendly names but the selected report will return the cryptic name. Put the
following code in the AfterUpdate event of the listbox:
DoCmd.OpemReport """" & Me!NameOfListBox & """"

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: John Spencer on
Whoops. Small typo OpenReport not OpemReport. Also the quote marks are not
needed and will lead to an error when Access looks for a report named
"MyCrypticReportName" (including the quote marks)instead of
MyCrypticReportName with no extraneous quote marks.

To immediately print the report
DoCmd.OpenReport Me.[NameOfListbox], acViewNormal
or to open the report in preview mode
DoCmd.OpenReport Me.[NameOfListbox], acViewPreview

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: Marshall Barton on
Steve wrote:

>Build a table of report names:
>TblReportName
>CryticName
>UserFriendlyName
>
>Make this table the Rowsource of your listbox. Set the Bound Column = 1,
>Column Count = 2 and Column Width = 0, 3. The listbox will display the user
>friendly names but the selected report will return the cryptic name. Put the
>following code in the AfterUpdate event of the listbox:
>DoCmd.OpemReport """" & Me!NameOfListBox & """"

Right, exept the code should be:

DoCmd.OpenReport Me!NameOfListBox

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: gchichester via AccessMonster.com on
You guys are Great!
Thanks to all for your prompt reply, This is exactly what I needed!

Regards
Gil