From: newshound on
Feeling a bit dumb; the default password for the 4 digit field to change
toolbox settings turns out to be.....

Nothing. A completely empty field.

From: Chris Whelan on
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:55:46 +0000, newshound wrote:

> Feeling a bit dumb; the default password for the 4 digit field to change
> toolbox settings turns out to be.....
>
> Nothing. A completely empty field.

The important thing is that you've got it sorted.

If it helps your feelings, I made much the same mistake a few years back
with a router...

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.
From: Peter on
Chris Whelan wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:55:46 +0000, newshound wrote:
>
>> Feeling a bit dumb; the default password for the 4 digit field to change
>> toolbox settings turns out to be.....
>>
>> Nothing. A completely empty field.
>
> The important thing is that you've got it sorted.
>
> If it helps your feelings, I made much the same mistake a few years back
> with a router...
>
> Chris

And you've posted the answer, so the next person to hit this snag will be ok
From: newshound on

"Peter" <pnkgeedontsendspam(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Chris Whelan wrote:
>> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:55:46 +0000, newshound wrote:
>>
>>> Feeling a bit dumb; the default password for the 4 digit field to change
>>> toolbox settings turns out to be.....
>>>
>>> Nothing. A completely empty field.
>>
>> The important thing is that you've got it sorted.
>>
>> If it helps your feelings, I made much the same mistake a few years back
>> with a router...
>>
>> Chris
>>
> And you've posted the answer, so the next person to hit this snag will be
> ok

That was the idea!

There's stuff in the Dell "Community" forums but the search tool is
peculiar. I *think* if you just give it a list of search words it drops
links for any of them. It sort of works better if you separate search words
with "AND" (e.g. "1320c AND password"). Also, it won't find 1320c if you
just enter 1320. But extending these principles doesn't give the expected
results, so whatever the rules are, the syntax isn't obvious. I couldn't
find it posted anywhere.

From: Adrian C on
newshound wrote:

> There's stuff in the Dell "Community" forums but the search tool is
> peculiar.

The Dell community forumns used to have a very good search facility and
board organisation, which could be easily navigated down to individual
model ranges and relevant discussions. For some reason, Dell saw fit to
break it :-(

--
Adrian C
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Head cleaning
Next: c5180 ink system failure 0xc18a0306