From: BillW50 on
My niece's Dell 610 laptop power adapter was chewed up by her dog. She
asked me if I had a spare one she can borrow. Which means I'll never see
it ever again. lol

But if the center pin is positive, I have some generic ones that should
work without modification (19v, 3.5A). So does anybody know for sure?
TIA

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

From: Christopher Muto on
BillW50 wrote:
> My niece's Dell 610 laptop power adapter was chewed up by her dog. She
> asked me if I had a spare one she can borrow. Which means I'll never see
> it ever again. lol
>
> But if the center pin is positive, I have some generic ones that should
> work without modification (19v, 3.5A). So does anybody know for sure?
> TIA

do you mean a lattitude d610?
do you know the part number from the old adapter (like pa-10, pa-12, etc.)?
From: BillW50 on
In news:jsSdnexY0b6tOVXWnZ2dnUVZ_oCdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net,
Christopher Muto typed on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:53:44 -0400:
> BillW50 wrote:
>> My niece's Dell 610 laptop power adapter was chewed up by her dog.
>> She asked me if I had a spare one she can borrow. Which means I'll
>> never see it ever again. lol
>>
>> But if the center pin is positive, I have some generic ones that
>> should work without modification (19v, 3.5A). So does anybody know
>> for sure? TIA
>>

> do you mean a lattitude d610?
> do you know the part number from the old adapter (like pa-10, pa-12,
> etc.)?

Yes exactly! Nope, I don't have the part number as I don't have the
laptop or the power adapter.

From: Christopher Muto on
BillW50 wrote:
> In news:jsSdnexY0b6tOVXWnZ2dnUVZ_oCdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net,
> Christopher Muto typed on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:53:44 -0400:
>> BillW50 wrote:
>>> My niece's Dell 610 laptop power adapter was chewed up by her dog.
>>> She asked me if I had a spare one she can borrow. Which means I'll
>>> never see it ever again. lol
>>>
>>> But if the center pin is positive, I have some generic ones that
>>> should work without modification (19v, 3.5A). So does anybody know
>>> for sure? TIA
>>>
>> do you mean a lattitude d610?
>> do you know the part number from the old adapter (like pa-10, pa-12,
>> etc.)?
>
> Yes exactly! Nope, I don't have the part number as I don't have the
> laptop or the power adapter.

probably a pa-10 which has a positive tip, and is 19.5v, 4.62a. plenty
of them available on ebay but i would stay away from the 'for dell'
clone adapters as they are not as good and not much if any cheaper.
From: Christopher Muto on
Christopher Muto wrote:
> BillW50 wrote:
>> In news:jsSdnexY0b6tOVXWnZ2dnUVZ_oCdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net,
>> Christopher Muto typed on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:53:44 -0400:

>>> do you mean a lattitude d610?
>>> do you know the part number from the old adapter (like pa-10, pa-12,
>>> etc.)?
>>
>> Yes exactly! Nope, I don't have the part number as I don't have the
>> laptop or the power adapter.
>>

> probably a pa-10 which has a positive tip, and is 19.5v, 4.62a. plenty
> of them available on ebay but i would stay away from the 'for dell'
> clone adapters as they are not as good and not much if any cheaper.

ps. a pa-12 would also work but is a lower wattage version of the same
(65w instead of 90w for the pa-10).
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Wireless connection