From: MZB on
I currently use IE 7.0.

When IE 8.0 came out, there were enough problems so that I did not upgrade
to 8.0.

I'm noticing plenty of slow page loads with 7.0 and wondering if I should
upgrade.

I know folks like Firefox and so do I, but let's just discuss IE

Mel

From: Daddy on
MZB wrote:
> I currently use IE 7.0.
>
> When IE 8.0 came out, there were enough problems so that I did not upgrade
> to 8.0.
>
> I'm noticing plenty of slow page loads with 7.0 and wondering if I should
> upgrade.
>
> I know folks like Firefox and so do I, but let's just discuss IE
>
> Mel

Although I use Firefox mostly, I have no problems at all with IE 8. Web
pages don't load any slower or faster with IE 8 than they do with Firefox.

About upgrading Windows to IE 8: The first rule of upgrading is "Never
update over a problem." Fix your problems with IE 7 /first/ then upgrade
Windows to IE 8, if you want to.

It is a fact that upgraded versions of software typically solve some
problems in earlier versions. The complete list of problems solved is
usually included in the upgrade's release notes. Consult the IE 8
Release Notes to see if your specific problems are addressed in IE 8.

Daddy
From: RnR on
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:14:42 -0400, "MZB" <moo(a)noway.prudigy.net>
wrote:

>I currently use IE 7.0.
>
>When IE 8.0 came out, there were enough problems so that I did not upgrade
>to 8.0.
>
>I'm noticing plenty of slow page loads with 7.0 and wondering if I should
>upgrade.
>
>I know folks like Firefox and so do I, but let's just discuss IE
>
>Mel

If it were me, I'd backup before I do anything drastic. Two thoughts
come to mind... you could defrag the drive and reinstall IE7 or defrag
the drive and install IE8. I have some doubts that IE8 will solve
this problem but consider this just a guess without knowing more.
Does Firefox load okay and did IE7 once load fast? You could also
try to empty your cache and delete temporary internet files. Also
see if you too much in your recycle bin and flush it out. Is your
partition too full ? These are just some of my first thoughts.
From: Pat Conover on
"RnR" <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:14:42 -0400, "MZB" <moo(a)noway.prudigy.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I currently use IE 7.0.
>>
>>When IE 8.0 came out, there were enough problems so that I did not upgrade
>>to 8.0.
>>
>>I'm noticing plenty of slow page loads with 7.0 and wondering if I should
>>upgrade.
>>
>>I know folks like Firefox and so do I, but let's just discuss IE
>>
>>Mel
>>

> If it were me, I'd backup before I do anything drastic. Two thoughts
> come to mind... you could defrag the drive and reinstall IE7 or defrag
> the drive and install IE8. I have some doubts that IE8 will solve
> this problem but consider this just a guess without knowing more.
> Does Firefox load okay and did IE7 once load fast? You could also
> try to empty your cache and delete temporary internet files. Also
> see if you too much in your recycle bin and flush it out. Is your
> partition too full ? These are just some of my first thoughts.

Mel, I recently went through many of the same problems with IE7 and Outlook
too, and did upgrade to IE8 with no problems. But my slow loading pages,
etc remained. Turned out it was AVG Free which had recently updated to a
new version. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it never did work.
Uninstalled AVG Free and installed Avast Free and all is well. If you have
AVG Free that is the problem, as most of my friends I had recommended it to
also had the same problems, including a local school.

Pat

From: MZB on
I had that problem a long time ago when AVG upgraded to a new version. Never
could resolve that so I went to Avira

Mel