From: Top on
In article <Ae6dnSqUbMFy7bjWnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, balrog(a)castaway.net says...

> "RnR" <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:30:02 -0500, "MJMIII" <balrog(a)castaway.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Short story made long...
> >>
> >>I have an XPS 630i just under a year. It came with an HL-DT-ST-BD-RE
> >>BH20N
> >>SCSI DVD burner. Over the last couple months 50% of burns failed unless I
> >>burned at 2x. All types of burning. Also, it's no longer recognized as
> >>Lightscribe, so I contacted Dell support through email and received the
> >>standard form letter stating everything I should try to determine if the
> >>drive is bad or not. Instead I installed an older SCSI drive I had and it
> >>works flawlessly, so I replied to Akbar's email and in return I received
> >>an
> >>email stating there's nothing wrong with the BlueRay burner.
> >>
> >>Now before I go ballistic on the phone, has anyone had success through
> >>email? I hate talking to Dell's support staff. It'll take me 10 calls
> >>before I get someone who understands English, and by that time I'll have
> >>no
> >>control over what comes out of my mouth. <EG>
> >

> > I know I'm going off topic MJ but I got a chuckle reading your last
> > sentence. It sorta made my day. I guess I could see myself doing the
> > same in that situation. The difference is you described it better
> > than I could <grin>.
> >
> > Getting back on topic.... If I recall, people said to use chat rather
> > than the other forms of Dell support if that helps any.
>
> Never thought of that. What worries me is I can be just as lethal with my
> fingers. :-)

It softens the accent though.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism
of the President, or that we are to stand by
From: Rick on
I use the online chat tech support system but then I purchased my system
from the Dell BUsiness outlet site which has better support then the home
division. I have never had a problem with their english skills or any
acents this way.

When dealing with any language, whether it is your 1st or 2nd or 3rd, etc.,
language, your reading skill will exceed your spoken and writing skills.

From: Larry Hermann on
I don't know what the email support is now, but a couple of years ago I had
a hard drive fail and used email to request a replacement. I described the
failure and what steps I had taken to determine that it was actually dead,
and received a very quick reply telling me that my drive was on the way. No
language problems, no telephone waiting.

Larry

From: jack flash on
Answer the questions they require via e-mail and go further to prove them
wrong and you are right. If they are still incoherent, escalate to
supervisor level. Hopefully you won't get an idiot Supervisor like I did
and eventually used my contacts/channel to escalate the issue locally to
the US. If you feel like you are getting nowhere, get names/logs of you
communication while you search for the Drector of Customer Support and
Service. A letter to the CEO will definately start a fire.