From: Fred on

"Lu R" <whome(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Power supply failed on it so I replaced it. Case fan is running at FULL
> throttle from power on and noisy, bearings are fine in it. Anyone ever
> have to deal with this? If its the mobo causing this, any ideas how to fix
> it? Thanks in advance.

Google says some have been able to reduce the noise by reversing the fan and
thus blowing air over the heatsink rather than pulling air over the
heatsink.

From: Lu R on

"Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Lu R wrote:
>> "Andy" <no(a)invalid> wrote in message

>>> You're doing it wrong.
>>
>> Care to share what Im doing wrong?
>>
>> Its a 4 pin plug that goes into its proper socket on the mobo!!
>>
>>> --
>>> Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/
>>> XPN 1.2.6 <-> Leafnode 1.11.7.rc1 | Kernel 2.6.30.9-generic
>>>

> That should be the CPU fan pins on the MB?
>
> Far as I know the dell has a finned heat sink and a ducted fan attached to
> the case?
>
> Have you removed the heat sink? or disturbed the paste?
>
> When the fan runs at full speed is when the cpu runs hot.
>
> Duct in correct position?
>
> is the plug on in the correct position and not reversed and pumping in a
> higher voltage?
>
> only suggestions!

Hi Rob thanx for your suggestions... all of the above are good..I added some
cpu paste and I even reset the bios..I think the mobo's rooted.. seems the
powersupply failed and may have damaged the mobo too..
Lu

From: Lu R on

"Fred" <bluser(a)gaymail.com> wrote in message

> "Lu R" <whome(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Power supply failed on it so I replaced it. Case fan is running at FULL
>> throttle from power on and noisy, bearings are fine in it. Anyone ever
>> have to deal with this? If its the mobo causing this, any ideas how to
>> fix it? Thanks in advance.
>
> Google says some have been able to reduce the noise by reversing the fan
> and thus blowing air over the heatsink rather than pulling air over the
> heatsink.

This isnt normal fan speed Fred...Im talking jet engine speed...runnning
flat out from startup and constantly!! Way faster than ANY CPU fan Ive ever
seen. Thanks anyway.

Lu

From: Anonymous on

> "Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Lu R wrote:
>>> "Andy" <no(a)invalid> wrote in message

>>> Care to share what Im doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Its a 4 pin plug that goes into its proper socket on the mobo!!

>> That should be the CPU fan pins on the MB?
>>
>> Far as I know the dell has a finned heat sink and a ducted fan attached
>> to the case?
>>
>> Have you removed the heat sink? or disturbed the paste?
>>
>> When the fan runs at full speed is when the cpu runs hot.
>>
>> Duct in correct position?
>>
>> is the plug on in the correct position and not reversed and pumping in a
>> higher voltage?
>>
>> only suggestions!
>
> Hi Rob thanx for your suggestions... all of the above are good..I added
> some cpu paste and I even reset the bios..I think the mobo's rooted..
> seems the powersupply failed and may have damaged the mobo too..
> Lu

Lol..you should have listened.

From: Lu R on

"Lu R" <whome(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Power supply failed on it so I replaced it. Case fan is running at FULL
> throttle from power on and noisy, bearings are fine in it. Anyone ever
> have to deal with this? If its the mobo causing this, any ideas how to fix
> it? Thanks in advance.
>
> Lu

Update...replaced mobo, problem solved. Thanks to all who suggested a fix.
Happy New Year!!
Lu

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: How does Win7 update other software?
Next: Go wii