From: Lu R on
Power supply failed on it so I replaced it. Case fan is running at FULL
throttle from power on and noisy, bearings are fine in it. Anyone ever have
to deal with this? If its the mobo causing this, any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Lu

From: Rob on
Lu R wrote:
> Power supply failed on it so I replaced it. Case fan is running at FULL
> throttle from power on and noisy, bearings are fine in it. Anyone ever have
> to deal with this? If its the mobo causing this, any ideas how to fix it?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Lu

How do you have the fan connected to the MB? off the CPU pins or case
pins?

Is it clean or full of dust?
From: Lu R on

"Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Lu R wrote:
>> Power supply failed on it so I replaced it. Case fan is running at FULL
>> throttle from power on and noisy, bearings are fine in it. Anyone ever
>> have to deal with this? If its the mobo causing this, any ideas how to
>> fix it? Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Lu
>
> How do you have the fan connected to the MB? off the CPU pins or case
> pins?
>

> Is it clean or full of dust?

Case is clean of dust. Fan is connected to mobo.

From: Lu R on

"Andy" <no(a)invalid> wrote in message
> Lu R wrote:
>

>> "Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> How do you have the fan connected to the MB? off the CPU pins or case
>>> pins?
>>>

>>> Is it clean or full of dust?
>>
>> Case is clean of dust. Fan is connected to mobo.
>
> You're doing it wrong.

Care to share what Im doing wrong?

Its a 4 pin plug that goes into its proper socket on the mobo!!

From: Rob on
Lu R wrote:
> "Andy" <no(a)invalid> wrote in message
>> Lu R wrote:
>>
>>> "Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Case is clean of dust. Fan is connected to mobo.
>> You're doing it wrong.
>
> Care to share what Im doing wrong?
>
> Its a 4 pin plug that goes into its proper socket on the mobo!!
>
>> --
>> Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/
>> XPN 1.2.6 <-> Leafnode 1.11.7.rc1 | Kernel 2.6.30.9-generic

That should be the CPU fan pins on the MB?

Far as I know the dell has a finned heat sink and a ducted fan attached
to the case?

Have you removed the heat sink? or disturbed the paste?

When the fan runs at full speed is when the cpu runs hot.

Duct in correct position?

is the plug on in the correct position and not reversed and pumping in a
higher voltage?

only suggestions!
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: How does Win7 update other software?
Next: Go wii