From: Gary Baldi on
Just ordered an Inspiron 1750 for the neighbour's teenage daughter
(entry level jobbie, nothing fancy, just for schoolwork etc) and the
Walsh Western tracking facility indicates the laptop has just left
China?

Are Dell shipping from their these days? Every Dell I've ever bought
(here in the UK) has shipped from Ireland.
From: Ben Myers on
Gary Baldi wrote:
> Just ordered an Inspiron 1750 for the neighbour's teenage daughter
> (entry level jobbie, nothing fancy, just for schoolwork etc) and the
> Walsh Western tracking facility indicates the laptop has just left
> China?
>
> Are Dell shipping from their these days? Every Dell I've ever bought
> (here in the UK) has shipped from Ireland.

A lot of Dell manufacturing takes place in China, so many shipments have
to originate in China out of necessity. Dell (and HPaq and
AcerEGateMachines and Lenovo and all other name brands) continually
works to optimize the whole business of logistics and shipping. Your
laptop may go in a one meter cubed palletized container via air to
Ireland, thence to you. Or it may show up on your doorstep following
some other path... Ben Myers