From: Fixer on
I have been running a legit version of win 7 ultimate for a few months
now, as I have a technet subscription, and under win7 ultinmate, my
insp 1520 ran np and installed everything from the disk no extrea
driver downloads needed, I recently changed it to win7 ultimate x64
and theres one piece of hardware that can't find a driver, theres non
on the dell site as it supposedly wont run win 7 but i've never had
any problems with it all the way through the betas right up to RTM
versions, theres just this one base system driver thats missing in the
X64 bit version and i havn't the foggiest what it is, so has anyone
got any good ideas????
From: Bob Levine on
"Fixer" <ram.systems(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have been running a legit version of win 7 ultimate for a few months
> now, as I have a technet subscription, and under win7 ultinmate, my
> insp 1520 ran np and installed everything from the disk no extrea
> driver downloads needed, I recently changed it to win7 ultimate x64
> and theres one piece of hardware that can't find a driver, theres non
> on the dell site as it supposedly wont run win 7 but i've never had
> any problems with it all the way through the betas right up to RTM
> versions, theres just this one base system driver thats missing in the
> X64 bit version and i havn't the foggiest what it is, so has anyone
> got any good ideas????

Open the Device Manager. Are there any devices there with the yellow caution
mark?

Bob

From: Pen on
Fixer wrote:
> I have been running a legit version of win 7 ultimate for a few months
> now, as I have a technet subscription, and under win7 ultinmate, my
> insp 1520 ran np and installed everything from the disk no extrea
> driver downloads needed, I recently changed it to win7 ultimate x64
> and theres one piece of hardware that can't find a driver, theres non
> on the dell site as it supposedly wont run win 7 but i've never had
> any problems with it all the way through the betas right up to RTM
> versions, theres just this one base system driver thats missing in the
> X64 bit version and i havn't the foggiest what it is, so has anyone
> got any good ideas????
To find the source of a yellow shield by using
Unknown Device Identifier 6.01 don't get scared off by the weird URL
it's legit.

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html
From: Fixer on

>http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html
Thats great thanks for that
From: Fixer on
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:14:00 -0500, "Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com>
wrote:

>"Fixer" <ram.systems(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> I have been running a legit version of win 7 ultimate for a few months
>> now, as I have a technet subscription, and under win7 ultinmate, my
>> insp 1520 ran np and installed everything from the disk no extrea
>> driver downloads needed, I recently changed it to win7 ultimate x64
>> and theres one piece of hardware that can't find a driver, theres non
>> on the dell site as it supposedly wont run win 7 but i've never had
>> any problems with it all the way through the betas right up to RTM
>> versions, theres just this one base system driver thats missing in the
>> X64 bit version and i havn't the foggiest what it is, so has anyone
>> got any good ideas????
>
>Open the Device Manager. Are there any devices there with the yellow caution
>mark?
>
>Bob
Bob, Yes thats how i know i'm a driver missing for something, i've
already done that and thats how i know