From: Tom Scales on
Nope....

From: john on

"GTS" <x(a)y.net> wrote in message

> "john" <bits(a)myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "GTS" <x(a)y.net> wrote in message
>>>I locally bought an Inspiron laptop for a customer yesterday .
>>>(Windows 7 64 bit). It does not include a Windows DVD but only a
>>>method to make a recovery set. Has anyone else recently encountered
>>>this? The fact that Dell has been one of the last OEM's to still
>>>provide a real Windows media has been a strong selling point for me.
>>>I hope they're not dropping it again like they did a few years ago.
>>>

>> Maybe this will help:
>>
>> https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form
>>
>> john
>>
> Thanks, but that simply discusses creating the recovery media set as I
> already mentioned. It doesn't reference Windows media.

Further down the page:

"Dell Customers can now request a set of backup discs containing the
factory-installed operating system as well as the device drivers and
utilities specific to your system.
a.. Requests are limited to one (1) set of backup discs per
system purchased.
b.. The backup discs requested must match the operating system
that was factory installed on the original order."
I'll know for sure when the new laptop arrives.

john

From: Jonathan Eales on

"Christopher Muto" <muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> GTS wrote:
>>
>> "Gary Baldi" <tim.richards(a)gmx.com> wrote in message

>>> Well I've got an Inspiron 1545 due here Friday with Win 7, the PDF
>>> order confirmation from Dell states "Operating System : English
>>> Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)"........doesn't mention media
>>> inclusion.
>>>
>>> I'll keep you posted after it arrives here.
>>
>> Thanks. I'd appreciate it. (BTW, that's the same model I bought
>> yesterday at Wal-Mart.)
>>

> have received vostros 1520 with windows 7 pro media (dvd) included as well
> as the blue card that instructs you to create your own backup media.
> thought it was odd to have the blue card since they provided the media.

Yea, I saw that and thought it was strange. Until I read the card which is
advertising the DELL Online backup service. The marketeers must have used
the same design and colour, but different text.

Jonathan

From: Gary Baldi on
On Dec 11, 10:48 am, "john" <b...(a)myrealbox.com> wrote:
> "GTS" <x...(a)y.net> wrote in message

> > "john" <b...(a)myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>
> >> "GTS" <x...(a)y.net> wrote in message
>
> >> Maybe this will help:
>
> >>https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/....
>
> >> john
>
> > Thanks, but that simply discusses creating the recovery media set as I
> > already mentioned.  It doesn't reference Windows media.
>
> Further down the page:
>
> "Dell Customers can now request a set of backup discs containing the
> factory-installed operating system as well as the device drivers and
> utilities specific to your system.
>         a.. Requests are limited to one (1) set of backup discs per
> system purchased.
>         b.. The backup discs requested must match the operating system
> that was factory installed on the original order."
> I'll know for sure when the new laptop arrives.
>
> john- Hide quoted text -

Well thanks to Walsh Western's insistence on trying to deliver when no-
one is here, I've been "carded" and so have to go and collect the
laptop this morning.

I'll report back whether there's OS media included or not.
From: Tom Lake on
> Well thanks to Walsh Western's insistence on trying to deliver when no-
> one is here, I've been "carded" and so have to go and collect the
> laptop this morning.
>
> I'll report back whether there's OS media included or not.

The XPS 9000 only included the Win 7 OS DVD. I filled out the
on-line form for the complete set and they were FedEx'ed out
and arrived the next day (to New York State).

Tom Lake

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Bigger PS for XPS 9000?