From: Just me on
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:06:56 +0000 (UTC), Boris
<nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

>Just me <gearl.no(a)spam.comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 05:59:08 +0100, "Ken Tukyfriedturkey"
>> <YesItsMe(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>only if there's a warranty void sticker between cover and chassis. If
>>>not then you can install another drive. Remove it if you have to use
>>>the warranty process.
>>>

>>>"Just me" <gearl.no(a)spam.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> How do you know if there is a warranty void sticker between cover and
>> chassis without removing the cover/
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> George
>> gearlnospamno(a)nospamcomcast.net
>>

>The sticker is on the outside, completely visible. Depending on how the
>case separates, it's either across a seam on the case, or on the case and
>the aluminum/steel chasis in the back. If you can't find a warranty
>sticker, it doesn't have one.
>
>I've never had a Dell machine with a warranty sticker. Of course YMMV.

Ok, thanks. Mine has no warranty sticker.

From: Ben Myers on
On 4/18/2010 3:16 PM, Just me wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:06:56 +0000 (UTC), Boris
> <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Just me<gearl.no(a)spam.comcast.net> wrote in

>>> How do you know if there is a warranty void sticker between cover and
>>> chassis without removing the cover/
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>>> George
>>> gearlnospamno(a)nospamcomcast.net
>>>

>> The sticker is on the outside, completely visible. Depending on how the
>> case separates, it's either across a seam on the case, or on the case and
>> the aluminum/steel chasis in the back. If you can't find a warranty
>> sticker, it doesn't have one.
>>
>> I've never had a Dell machine with a warranty sticker. Of course YMMV.
>
> Ok, thanks. Mine has no warranty sticker.
>

> George
> gearlnospamno(a)nospamcomcast.net

From what I have seen in the last few years, warranty stickers on major
name brand computers (desktop or laptop) have gone the way of the dodo.

Some small system builders put these stickers on. Don't know why. I
don't... Ben Myers
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Dimension 9150 Memory Problem Updated
Next: for sale