From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Create a CEdit variable, then hand-edit the type to CMyEdit. ALWAYS remember "it just
just program text" and if the tools don't give you the capability you need, there is a
text editor!

Personally, I think it is remarkably stupid that the class derivation tools are so poor in
VS. Did you try just typing "CMyEdit" for the variable type? The later versions of VS
allow this!

But there is always a text editor! And it's just text!
joe

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:28:26 -0500, "JCO" <someone(a)somewhere.com> wrote:

>I'm using VS2008 and C++ code.
>
>I had to derive a class as (class CMyEdit : public CEdit) in order to trap
>the the users key strokes and only allow numeric along with a decimal point.
>I will need over 30 of these derived edit boxes on a dialog form. I don't
>want to use the create feature at runtime because this makes it difficult to
>place the edit box where I need them.
>
>Is there any way to drag this derived edit box at design time as if I was
>dragging a regular edit box from the toolbox?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: JCO on
Thanks everyone.
That was easy now that I know what I'm doing.