From: Nylex on
I am new to 2007 - have always had 2003
I can create a new form - no problems
When I try to alter it I can not
I open the form in Design View and there is a field that is app 30 spaces
accross - I only want it 10 spaces accross
I used to be able to right click the Right Hand side of the field and drag
it smaller - when I do this now all the other fields reduce also (whish i do
not want) when I alter just one
Is there a setting that i have not got set properly

From: Maurice on
By default all the controls are grouped. To remove the grouping select one
control (in designview) and then click the "Arrange" tab and click the
"remove" button in the ribbon. After that you can resize all your controls
individually.
--
Maurice Ausum

From: Nylex on
I open the form in Design View - I highlight the text box that I want to
alter - I click the "Arrange" tab and then the "remove" button and the whole
field is deleted
Must be still doing something wrong

From: Maurice on
Ok, let's try again i'll explain a bit more.

When you click the control you'll see a little box with a cross in it. Upper
left corner of the first label. Click that button it will select all the
controls.

Now go to the tab arrange and click the remove button in the 'control
layout' group.

* the first time when you clicked remove it only removed the layout placing
the control behind the other control. It's still there it has only been
placed behind the other control. Try the option as i described above and you
will be presented with seperate controls which will stay in place.

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

From: Nylex on
I open the form in design view - it only has a detail section with all the
text fields that have to be filled in - I must be clicking in the wrong spot
- I cant get the little box to come up - what control do I click

"Maurice" wrote:

> Ok, let's try again i'll explain a bit more.
>
> When you click the control you'll see a little box with a cross in it. Upper
> left corner of the first label. Click that button it will select all the
> controls.
>
> Now go to the tab arrange and click the remove button in the 'control
> layout' group.
>
> * the first time when you clicked remove it only removed the layout placing
> the control behind the other control. It's still there it has only been
> placed behind the other control. Try the option as i described above and you
> will be presented with seperate controls which will stay in place.
>
> hth
> --
> Maurice Ausum
>

> "Nylex" wrote:
>
> > I open the form in Design View - I highlight the text box that I want to
> > alter - I click the "Arrange" tab and then the "remove" button and the whole
> > field is deleted
> > Must be still doing something wrong
> >

> > "Maurice" wrote:
> >
> > > By default all the controls are grouped. To remove the grouping select one
> > > control (in designview) and then click the "Arrange" tab and click the
> > > "remove" button in the ribbon. After that you can resize all your controls
> > > individually.
> > > --
> > > Maurice Ausum

 |  Next  |  Last