From: MMangen on
I have a worksheet with Monday, March 15, 2010 in Cell A2.

I'd like to have a formula that will put Tuesday, March 16, 2010 in the
fifth cell after that (in this case Cell A7) and so on......I do not want
Saturdays/Sundays to show up.

Any idea if this can be done and if so, with what formula?
From: Lars-�ke Aspelin on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:46:01 -0800, MMangen
<MMangen(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a worksheet with Monday, March 15, 2010 in Cell A2.
>
>I'd like to have a formula that will put Tuesday, March 16, 2010 in the
>fifth cell after that (in this case Cell A7) and so on......I do not want
>Saturdays/Sundays to show up.
>
>Any idea if this can be done and if so, with what formula?

Assuming that it is acceptable to have the cells in A column that not
have any date as blank cells, try this formula in cell A3:

=IF(MOD(ROWS(A$2:A2),5),"",WORKDAY(A$2,ROWS(A$3:A3)/5))

copy down as far as needed.

The content of cell A2 has to be a number that is formatted as you
describe, it can't be text.
Make sure that you format all other cells in column A to get the date
format you want. Use custom cell format for that.

Hope this helps / Lars-�ke