From: Barry L. Bond on
Hello, Gary!

Thank you very much for your reply!

>I read your entire post and am still not sure of what you want. Can you
>define the roles that the various computers will be playing vis-a-vis
>Samba - such as:

>Vista: Samba client
>Fedora: Linux file server
>Solaris: does not participate

Sorry that I was not more clear in this manner. That's pretty well
it.

Since I am fine with "doing things" (be it submit a printout or
transfer a file) from the Windows side, the Vista would be the client, and
the samba daemon is running on the Fedora Linux.

The Solaris does not participate directly; its presence allows what
is processed on the Linux to be received on the D-Link router, since it is
a router.

>However, what I generally recommend is that you install and use SWAT on
>your Samba server. The configuration wizard works quite well.

Ah... SWAT ... a "configuration wizard"... I will look into getting
that and seeing if that helps me!

I didn't know about this. I'll see whether I have it, or it looks as
though it is download-able... I'll let you know!

Thank you!

Barry

--
Barry L. Bond | http://home.roadrunner.com/~os9barry
Software Engineer, ITT Corporation | (My personal home web page, last

bbond @ cfl.rr.com <- personal | Re-Vita Products:
Barry.Bond @ ITT.com <- Work ONLY | http://www.re-vita.net/barrybond
| Re-Vita Distributor Information
Home office: 407-382-2815 | http://www.re-vita.net/barrybond-2
Work: 321-494-5627 | Toll free order: 1-888-820-5531