From: Manlio on
I have been hunting from long time to find at least what is causing
the desktop alerts stop working.
Recently I reached the conclusion that this problem arise together
with the inability of Outlook to close quickly.
Therefore I am looking for the solution to the last trouble.
Many reports say that when other programs claim to use Outlook
resources or files the closing is delayed. So I disabled all the
add-ons and I checked to uninstall any program included the the issued
list of known "trouble generators".
Some others suggest to check or load a registry reg file to set the
desktop alerts timing and settings, and also that solution was
useless.
I will continue testing and trying, but if someone have suggestions I
will gladly use them !
Manlio

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"Manlio" <noemail(a)news.org> wrote in message

>I have been hunting from long time to find at least what is causing
> the desktop alerts stop working.
> Recently I reached the conclusion that this problem arise together
> with the inability of Outlook to close quickly.

What version of Outlook and what mail account type? Exactly what have you
tried so far in attempting to diagnose the problem?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
What version of Outlook - including SP level. There is a known issue with
alerts and Outlook 2007 SP2.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Manlio on
Followup to msg on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:01:08 -0500, "Diane Poremsky
[MVP]" <outlookmvp(a)msn.com> :
(Original msg on bottom)

we already exchanged emails on this problem, time ago.
Le version is:
Outlook 2007 12.0.6514.5000 SP2 MSO(12.0.6425.1000)
on XP Pro SP3 and following upgrades included the Outlook :

974234
969604
963677
Outlook SP2
972363
972581
967642
974810
959559

According to my info the issue don't solve my problem neither the same
for many other users.
Anyhow any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
As far as I know, there is not a hotfix available that addresses this issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=974994 is the latest hotfix and this
problem is not mentioned in as something that was fixed.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: