From: Andy on
Has anyone come up with some code to detect the insertion of a USB
drive?

I found some C++ code, but it's too complicated for me to convert to
asm and
it also requires an external msvcr71.dll file.

I disassembled it with IDA, but the source is rather large.

My intent is to write it in Win32 assembly.

Thanks,

Andy
From: Grinder on
On 5/1/2010 10:16 PM, Andy wrote:
> Has anyone come up with some code to detect the insertion of a USB
> drive?
>
> I found some C++ code, but it's too complicated for me to convert to
> asm and
> it also requires an external msvcr71.dll file.
>
> I disassembled it with IDA, but the source is rather large.
>
> My intent is to write it in Win32 assembly.

A WM_DEVICECHANGE should come into the message queue for your main
window. Unfortunately, I think this might be pooched if auto insert
notifications are turned on for the system.

Sorry I can't be more informative, but at least I'm succinct.

Pages: 1
Prev: Unicode still
Next: ANN: Seed7 Release 2010-05-02