From: Jean on
Hello
The project is compiled in UNICODE (VC6)

I have a WCHAR buffer that contains a mix between cyrillic and western
characters.
If i display that buffer in a listview or if i use MessageBox the buffer is
correctly displayed.
But if i put that buffer in an edit with SetDlgItemText the cyrillic
characters are replaced by black squares.

grrrrr

Jean

From: Jean on
Sorry, i made a mistake, it's not an edit but a STATIC

Jean

"Jean" <nospam-please(a)free.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:
4bdad8db$0$27603$ba4acef3(a)reader.news.orange.fr...

From: Jean on
well, it works if i use an Unicode font with the static :-)
i found Lucida sans Unicode, is that font installed by default ?

Jean
"Jean" <nospam-please(a)free.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:
4bdadbd4$0$27583$ba4acef3(a)reader.news.orange.fr...

From: Friedel Jantzen on
Hello Jean!

Am Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:17:21 +0200 schrieb Jean:

> Hello
> The project is compiled in UNICODE (VC6)
>
> I have a WCHAR buffer that contains a mix between cyrillic and western
> characters.
> If i display that buffer in a listview or if i use MessageBox the buffer is
> correctly displayed.
> But if i put that buffer in an edit with SetDlgItemText the cyrillic
> characters are replaced by black squares.

Perhaps this control uses the system font (WM_GETFONT will return NULL).
And this system font does not support cyrillic (same here on my Vista SP2).
You could let the user choose a font for your app, and preselect Arial
Unicode MS. Then set this font for all dialogs rsp. controls in other
windows.

Regards,
Friedel
From: Jean on
Hello Friedel !

>Arial Unicode MS
do you know the name of the file ?
i tried with Lucida sans Unicode, which seems to be shipped with every
Windows version, but it's not very 'nice'

Jean
"Friedel Jantzen" <nospam_plz(a)freenet.de> a �crit dans le message de news:
1t5kgqpc7fg27$.6d7on87ebca2$.dlg(a)40tude.net...