From: Phil on
On 20/06/2010 22:50:00, "David W. Fenton" wrote:
> "Phil" <phil(a)stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> I ment to add
>>
>> Function DBType() As String
>>
>> DBType Type = Right(CurrentDb.Name, Len(CurrentDb.Name) -
>> InStrRev(CurrentDb.Name, ".")) ' end of database name
>>
>> End Function
>>
>> works OK, but I don't think it's very watertight.
>
> It isn't even close, as the extension can be any arbitrary
> characters. You could change the MDE extension to MDB and nothing
> would happen at all.

Culpa Mea David,

I know.

With h Office 2000 you don't appear to be able to do a mailmerge with an MDE
database, so as you said, I change the name to MDB and mail merge is quite
happy.

So any ideas?

Phil
From: David W. Fenton on

> So any ideas?

I would browse the properties of an ACCDE to see if anything obvious
stands out. I'd expect something similar to the old MDE property.

If that fails, another thing to try would be to attempt to read the
content of a module, which should fail in an MDE/ACCDE.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Jon Lewis on
As far as I can see (with A2007 SP2) the database property "MDE" still
exists in an ACCDE and has Value "T". Is doesn't exist in an ACCDB so your
function should still work fine if you just trap the error 3270 "Property
Not Found".

Jon.

From: Phil on
On 23/06/2010 10:55:20, "Jon Lewis" wrote:
> As far as I can see (with A2007 SP2) the database property "MDE" still
> exists in an ACCDE and has Value "T". Is doesn't exist in an ACCDB so your
> function should still work fine if you just trap the error 3270 "Property
> Not Found".
>
> Jon.
>

> "Phil" <phil(a)stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in message
>> This code worked in AK2 for seeing whether a database was an MDb or MDe
>>
>> Function IsItMDE() As Boolean
>>
>> On Error Resume Next
>> Dim strMDE As String
>>
>> strMDE = CurrentDb.Properties("MDE")
>> IsItMDE = ((Err = 0) And (strMDE = "T"))
>>
>> End Function
>>
>> Can anyone tell me the equivalent for checkin an Accdb adainst an Accde
>>
>> This didn't help
>>
>> Function ListDbProps()
>>
>> Dim i As Long
>> On Error Resume Next
>>
>> For i = 1 To 1000
>> Debug.Print "i: " & i & " Name: " & CurrentDb.Properties(i).Name & " Prop:
>> "
>> & CurrentDb.Properties(i) Next i
>>
>> End Function
>>
>> Thanks