From: Charlie on
"... It depends on your skill level" -- or on the magic formula:

Success = Sqr(MyLaziness) / TimeAllottedFor(Project) * UserApathy

I figured there was an API or programmable method of accomplishing this, but
I was hoping for a built-in method or property in the control. I thought it
would be cool but don't have the time to make it work. (That, plus my skill
level may be lacking.)

The sad part is that whenever I DO accomplish something cool, my users
seldom even notice or have any idea what really went into making something
work slick.

:/ sigh

Thanks though.

From: Dee Earley on
On 02/06/2010 16:49, Charlie wrote:
> The sad part is that whenever I DO accomplish something cool, my users
> seldom even notice or have any idea what really went into making something
> work slick.

Yeah, they only notice stuff when it breaks or they explicitly request it.

But it works the other way, you can fix/adjust things and people don;t
notice :)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Charlie on
....and the explicit stuff they want (for moderate change) "this afternoon?",
or (for major rewrite) "by the end of the month?"

Then when I put in unpaid overtime to get something done pronto, the .exe
sits there on the shelf for weeks! The day I release the next phase I get
squawks about the previous release that could've been incorporated into the
new release along the way!

To think I could've been an airline pilot instead: set the autopilot and
flirt with the flight attendants, or snooze (Northwest).

LOL

"Dee Earley" wrote:

> On 02/06/2010 16:49, Charlie wrote:
> > The sad part is that whenever I DO accomplish something cool, my users
> > seldom even notice or have any idea what really went into making something
> > work slick.
>
> Yeah, they only notice stuff when it breaks or they explicitly request it.
>
> But it works the other way, you can fix/adjust things and people don;t
> notice :)
>
> --
> Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Team
>
> iCode Systems
>
> (Replies direct to my email address will be ignored.
> Please reply to the group.)
> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2