From: ACE on
Have just installed a bright shiny new 11.2, KDE4/Dolphin. I am stumped
regarding access to drives. When I insert a disk into the optical
drive, I get notification that the disk has been loaded and immediately
KB3 is started. Can't find a way to access the data disk itself through a
file manager. Doesn't seem like Dolphin will go there. I know I'm
missing something here.

Any words of wisdom?

Gee, I hope its nothing obvious
--
ACE
From: Inge Svensson on
2010-01-22 12:23, ACE skrev:
> Have just installed a bright shiny new 11.2, KDE4/Dolphin. I am stumped
> regarding access to drives. When I insert a disk into the optical
> drive, I get notification that the disk has been loaded and immediately
> KB3 is started. Can't find a way to access the data disk itself through a
> file manager. Doesn't seem like Dolphin will go there. I know I'm
> missing something here.
>
> Any words of wisdom?
>
> Gee, I hope its nothing obvious
What happens if you click on the little monitor symbol with an USB
symbol in it (in the panel) and the click on the optical disc. If you
put the mouse over the disc how many alternatives does it say it has?
Inge Svensson
From: ACE on
Inge Svensson wrote:

> 2010-01-22 12:23, ACE skrev:
>> Have just installed a bright shiny new 11.2, KDE4/Dolphin. I am
stumped
>> regarding access to drives. When I insert a disk into the optical
>> drive, I get notification that the disk has been loaded and
immediately
>> KB3 is started. Can't find a way to access the data disk itself
through a
>> file manager. Doesn't seem like Dolphin will go there. I know I'm
>> missing something here.
>>
>> Any words of wisdom?
>>
>> Gee, I hope its nothing obvious
> What happens if you click on the little monitor symbol with an USB
> symbol in it (in the panel) and the click on the optical disc. If you
> put the mouse over the disc how many alternatives does it say it has?
> Inge Svensson

It immediately sends me to KB3. No alternatives. I am searching for a
way to change that. Where's a wrench when you need it? :)

--
ACE
From: Inge Svensson on
2010-01-22 13:43, ACE skrev:
> Inge Svensson wrote:
>
>> 2010-01-22 12:23, ACE skrev:
>>> Have just installed a bright shiny new 11.2, KDE4/Dolphin. I am
> stumped
>>> regarding access to drives. When I insert a disk into the optical
>>> drive, I get notification that the disk has been loaded and
> immediately
>>> KB3 is started. Can't find a way to access the data disk itself
> through a
>>> file manager. Doesn't seem like Dolphin will go there. I know I'm
>>> missing something here.
>>>
>>> Any words of wisdom?
>>>
>>> Gee, I hope its nothing obvious
>> What happens if you click on the little monitor symbol with an USB
>> symbol in it (in the panel) and the click on the optical disc. If you
>> put the mouse over the disc how many alternatives does it say it has?
>> Inge Svensson
>
> It immediately sends me to KB3. No alternatives. I am searching for a
> way to change that. Where's a wrench when you need it? :)

system settings ->advanced ->and then the icon that looks the same as
automatic start (can't translate it) ?
From: ACE on
Inge Svensson wrote:

> 2010-01-22 13:43, ACE skrev:

>> stumped
>> immediately
>> through a

>>> What happens if you click on the little monitor symbol with an USB
>>> symbol in it (in the panel) and the click on the optical disc. If
you
>>> put the mouse over the disc how many alternatives does it say it
has?
>>> Inge Svensson
>>
>> It immediately sends me to KB3. No alternatives. I am searching
for a
>> way to change that. Where's a wrench when you need it? :)
>>
> system settings ->advanced ->and then the icon that looks the same as
> automatic start (can't translate it) ?

I feel a little foolish when I write this, but I don't seem to have a
system settings on my GUI. Have Yast, which gives me a limited amount
of manipulation, but I don't think you mean that. I've checked the
applications folders again, but I don't see it.

--
ACE
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2