From: Van Chocstraw on
Opensuse 11.2 no longer knows the difference between shutdown and log
off. When it goes to log off, the shutdown button there don't work
either. Then you log in and it hangs at the green screen and won't do
anything. Ctrl/backspace don't work, ctrl/alt/delete don't work. Can
only power off. What needs fixing?
From: JT on
On 22/01/10 16:51, Van Chocstraw wrote:
> Opensuse 11.2 no longer knows the difference between shutdown and log
> off.
In my setup it does know the diff.
> When it goes to log off, the shutdown button there don't work
> either. Then you log in and it hangs at the green screen and won't do
> anything. Ctrl/backspace don't work, ctrl/alt/delete don't work.
Don't know about ctrl-backspace, but ctr-alt-delete does work here.
Install out-of-box, so .....
> Can
> only power off. What needs fixing?

Try gdm/gnome instead of kdm/kde, sounds like a WM problem to me - as
opposed to a Suse11.2 problem.

--
Kind regards, JT

From: WLS on
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:51:30 -0500, Van Chocstraw wrote:

> Opensuse 11.2 no longer knows the difference between shutdown and log
> off. When it goes to log off, the shutdown button there don't work
> either. Then you log in and it hangs at the green screen and won't do
> anything. Ctrl/backspace don't work, ctrl/alt/delete don't work. Can
> only power off. What needs fixing?

I'm having a issue with hanging at the green screen when logging in. Only
have the cursor arrow and no icons appearing, when I do get the icons
they appear very slowly. I'm suspecting a video card problem as the fan
on it no longer works.

Heading off to shop for a new video card shortly.

I'll let you know if that fixes it.

--
openSUSE 11.2x86_64 (Gnome 2.28.0) | AMD Athlon(tm) 64 3000+ | 2GB RAM
From: Van Chocstraw on
WLS wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:51:30 -0500, Van Chocstraw wrote:
>
>> Opensuse 11.2 no longer knows the difference between shutdown and log
>> off. When it goes to log off, the shutdown button there don't work
>> either. Then you log in and it hangs at the green screen and won't do
>> anything. Ctrl/backspace don't work, ctrl/alt/delete don't work. Can
>> only power off. What needs fixing?
>
> I'm having a issue with hanging at the green screen when logging in. Only
> have the cursor arrow and no icons appearing, when I do get the icons
> they appear very slowly. I'm suspecting a video card problem as the fan
> on it no longer works.
>
> Heading off to shop for a new video card shortly.
>
> I'll let you know if that fixes it.

I have this exact same issue also. Along with the shutdown problem but I
should say it seems to be an every-other-time problem.
From: arnold on
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:06:03 -0500, Van Chocstraw wrote:

> WLS wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:51:30 -0500, Van Chocstraw wrote:
>>
>>> Opensuse 11.2 no longer knows the difference between shutdown and log
>>> off. When it goes to log off, the shutdown button there don't work
>>> either. Then you log in and it hangs at the green screen and won't do
>>> anything. Ctrl/backspace don't work, ctrl/alt/delete don't work. Can
>>> only power off. What needs fixing?
>>
>> I'm having a issue with hanging at the green screen when logging in.
>> Only have the cursor arrow and no icons appearing, when I do get the
>> icons they appear very slowly. I'm suspecting a video card problem as
>> the fan on it no longer works.
>>
>> Heading off to shop for a new video card shortly.
>>
>> I'll let you know if that fixes it.
>>

> I have this exact same issue also. Along with the shutdown problem but I
> should say it seems to be an every-other-time problem.

I can ditto this one. I don't have a video card. My video is on board the
mobo.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Device access