From: Ant on
On 6/4/2010 7:32 AM PT, Ant typed:

> In alt.os.debian J G Miller <miller(a)yoyo.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:47:05 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
> >
> > > "To reset the console font back to what it was before, you just run
> > > dpkg-reconfigure console-setup and then choose "VGA" as your console
> > > font."
>
> > This changes the entry for FONTFACE in /etc/default/console-setup.
>
> > Take a look at that file should you wish to make the change directly,
> > and to see what else can be configured for console-setup.
>
> I rebooted today after almost a month of uptime to upgrade my old
> Debian's Kernel v2.6.32-4-686 to v2.6.32-5-686. Now, I see my fonts are
> tiny with more areas to show.
>
> I tried the above suggestions, but they did not work. Am I missing
> something?

OK, I think I got it working. According to NVIDIA's Danix forum thread
(http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2263528) replies,
Debian's Kernel 2.6.32-5 has Nouveau. It is conflicting NVIDIA driver
compilations and setting my text console changes. Hence, why others and
I could not change anything and compile any NVIDIA drivers.

How annoying. Is there a reason why Debian enabled Nouveau?
--
"The greatest enemies of ants are other ants, just as the greatest
enemies of men are other men." --Auguste Forel
From: Ant on
On 6/4/2010 7:26 AM PT, Ant typed: