From: rk on
Hi Folks

I have recently become very interested in FPGA and DSP. Could somebody
suggest to me a newbee started book and also a related experimental board.

I would also like to know the differences between the different Virtex
families like Virtex 2, 4, 5 etc.

Regards
RK

From: Uwe Bonnes on
rk <ajrajkumar(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks

> I have recently become very interested in FPGA and DSP. Could somebody
> suggest to me a newbee started book and also a related experimental board.

> I would also like to know the differences between the different Virtex
> families like Virtex 2, 4, 5 etc.

Where did you start? Where did you struggle?

Try www.xilinx.com...

--
Uwe Bonnes bon(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt
From: Nicholas Kinar on
rk wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I have recently become very interested in FPGA and DSP. Could somebody
> suggest to me a newbee started book and also a related experimental board.
>
> I would also like to know the differences between the different Virtex
> families like Virtex 2, 4, 5 etc.
>
> Regards
> RK

Perhaps the kits from Digilent would be of interest?

http://www.digilentinc.com/

There is also an inexpensive learning board available from Avnet:

http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/HW-SPAR3A-SK-UNI-G.htm

A plethora of other vendors offer learning kits. One such vendor can be
found here:

http://www.knjn.com/

If you are searching for a repository of HDL code, OpenCores works well:

http://www.opencores.org/

From: rk on
>rk <ajrajkumar(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>
>> I have recently become very interested in FPGA and DSP. Could
somebody
>> suggest to me a newbee started book and also a related experimental
board.

>> I would also like to know the differences between the different
Virtex
>> families like Virtex 2, 4, 5 etc.
>
>Where did you start? Where did you struggle?
>
>Try www.xilinx.com...
>
>--
>Uwe Bonnes bon(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
>
>Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt
>--------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------

Hi
Yes, I have been to that website, and I see a lot of datasheets
for Virtex-2, 4, 5, 6 etc, but I do not able to get a comprehensive
evolution of the family and the enhancements in sucessive 2, 4, 5 etc
families.
Also, I am looking for a good book along with a board that I can
but and develop some hands on experience.
Visiting www.xilinx.com results in an information overload for
a beginner.

Regards
RK

This message was sent using the comp.arch.fpga web interface on
http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Nicholas Kinar on

>> I have recently become very interested in FPGA and DSP. Could somebody
>> suggest to me a newbee started book and also a related experimental
>> board.

Some reputedly good books and resources on Verilog/VHDL and FPGA
programming can also be found here:

http://www.doulos.com/