From: Wietse Venema on
Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago:
> I had configured default_destination_recipient_limit to 1500 and I
> couldn't send an email destined to 1100 recipients. It was when I
> modified this two options when I got it working:
>
> smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit
> smtpd_recipient_limit
>
> I rtfm but I just can't see why it wasn't working, because
> default_destination_recipient_limit seems to be the default value for
> every postfix service.
>
> ... or maybe I am just missing something.

Indeed. You missed the instructions for reporting a problem
on this mailing list. They were sent to you in the mailing
list welcome message.

Thank you for using Postfix.

From: mouss on
Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago a écrit :
> El vie, 26-03-2010 a las 12:06 +0100, Wietse Venema escribió:
>> Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago:
>> > I had configured default_destination_recipient_limit to 1500 and I
>> > couldn't send an email destined to 1100 recipients. It was when I
>> > modified this two options when I got it working:
>> >
>> > smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit
>> > smtpd_recipient_limit
>> >
>> > I rtfm but I just can't see why it wasn't working, because
>> > default_destination_recipient_limit seems to be the default value for
>> > every postfix service.
>> >
>> > ... or maybe I am just missing something.
>>
>> Indeed. You missed the instructions for reporting a problem
>> on this mailing list. They were sent to you in the mailing
>> list welcome message.
>
> externo2:~# postconf -n
> alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
> append_dot_mydomain = no
> biff = no
> config_directory = /etc/postfix
> default_destination_recipient_limit = 20000
> inet_interfaces = all
> mailbox_size_limit = 0
> message_size_limit = 52428800
> mydestination = externo2.ayto-getafe.org, localhost.ayto-getafe.org,
> localhost
> myhostname = externo2.ayto-getafe.org
> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128 10.0.0.0/8
> 172.16.0.0/12 192.168.0.0/16
> myorigin = /etc/mailname
> readme_directory = no
> recipient_delimiter = +
> relay_domains = $mydestination, ayto-getafe.org
> relayhost =
> smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtp_scache
> smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Debian/GNU)
> smtpd_recipient_limit = 20000
> smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit = 20000
> smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_non_fqdn_sender,
> reject_unknown_sender_domain, check_sender_access
> hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
> smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/mailer.ayto-getafe.org_cert.pem
> smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/mailer.ayto-getafe.org_key.pem
> smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtpd_scache
> smtpd_use_tls = yes
>

> I have no logs to show, sorry. But my question remains as simple as before:
> Could anyone please point me to some document (RFC or so) where that
> options and its use are more thoroughly explained than in postfix's manual?
>
> Sorry for missing info and thank you very much for your time.

without logs and/or transcripts, we have no idea what blocks your mail.
It is possible that mail was blocked by some piece (anti-virus,
firewall, router, mail relay, ...) other than postfix.

As for the parameters, smtpd_* apply to the smtpd server, which
_receives_ mail, while default_destination_recipient_limit applies to
mail that postfix _delivers_ (via smtp, lmtp, virtual and pipe).

From: Wietse Venema on
Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago:
> El vie, 26-03-2010 a las 12:06 +0100, Wietse Venema escribi?:
>
> > Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago:
> > > I had configured default_destination_recipient_limit to 1500 and I
> > > couldn't send an email destined to 1100 recipients. It was when I
> > > modified this two options when I got it working:
> > >
> > > smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit
> > > smtpd_recipient_limit
> > >
> > > I rtfm but I just can't see why it wasn't working, because
> > > default_destination_recipient_limit seems to be the default value for
> > > every postfix service.
> > >
> > > ... or maybe I am just missing something.
> >
> > Indeed. You missed the instructions for reporting a problem
> > on this mailing list. They were sent to you in the mailing
> > list welcome message.
>

> externo2:~# postconf -n
> alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
> append_dot_mydomain = no
>
> I have no logs to show, sorry.

Then could you at least tell us **what is the error message**

Wietse