From: Darren Brinksneader on
The follow HTML runs fine on a local computer:

<script type="text/vbscript">
Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
strSite = objSysInfo.SiteName
document.write(strSite)
</script>

But when the HTML is served via IIS on server 2008 I get the following error:

----------------------

Message: ActiveX component can't create object: 'ADSystemInfo'
Line: 5
Char: 1
Code: 0
-----------------

HTML source view looks the same:

<script type="text/vbscript">
Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
strSite = objSysInfo.SiteName
document.write(strSite)
</script>

------------------------

Any thoughts?
From: Dan on

"Darren Brinksneader" <DarrenBrinksneader(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:2F416B28-9E20-4590-9131-98564B49C8BE(a)microsoft.com...
> The follow HTML runs fine on a local computer:

> <script type="text/vbscript">
> Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
> strSite = objSysInfo.SiteName
> document.write(strSite)
> </script>
>
> But when the HTML is served via IIS on server 2008 I get the following
> error:
>
> ----------------------
>
> Message: ActiveX component can't create object: 'ADSystemInfo'
> Line: 5
> Char: 1
> Code: 0
> -----------------
>
> HTML source view looks the same:

> <script type="text/vbscript">
> Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")
> strSite = objSysInfo.SiteName
> document.write(strSite)
> </script>

> Any thoughts?

That is all client side code, and this has nothing to do with IIS settings.
In the first case, the script is being executed in the browser under the My
Computer security zone. In the second case, it will be under a different
security zone, with different permissions. It looks like the browser doesn't
have permission to create the ADSystemInfo object in the browser in the
second case.

--
Dan