From: Arfa Daily on

"William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> What does the symbol mean with 2 barbs to the bar...?
>
> It's supposed to look something like the letter Z -- hence, a Zener diode.

I have seen the two barbs being each at an angle to the horizontal bar,
representing a zener, and the two barbs perpendicular to the bar,
representing a Schottky diode. Schottky diodes also seen as the more
elaborate curl at each end of the bar, as shown in the Wiki reference.

Arfa

From: Meat Plow on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:53:04 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

> "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> What does the symbol mean with 2 barbs to the bar...?
>>
>> It's supposed to look something like the letter Z -- hence, a Zener
>> diode.
>>

> I have seen the two barbs being each at an angle to the horizontal bar,
> representing a zener, and the two barbs perpendicular to the bar,
> representing a Schottky diode. Schottky diodes also seen as the more
> elaborate curl at each end of the bar, as shown in the Wiki reference.
>
> Arfa

Shotts look more like an S for an obvious reason :)

--
Altopia.com $12/m 10 unlimited connections