From: Targ on
In alt.comp.software.financial.quicken, Han wrote:

>Targ <no(a)mail.invalid> wrote in
>
>> In alt.comp.software.financial.quicken, Targ wrote:
>>

>>>Looking up Citibank at
>>>http://web.intuit.com/personal/quicken/search.cfm?type=basic&qwid=qw150
>>>0&qmid=qm1501&qbid=qb1600&qbmid=qbm1600 shows a red lightening bolt
>>>=direct connect. Yet during setup it seemed to be web connect.
>>>

>> Looking further, the institution identified as "Citibank Web
>> Connect" shows a red lightning bolt. Now that seems to be a
>> contradiction, right?
>
>I have been using direct connect for my Citibank accounts since eons.
>Citibank does charge a $9.95/mo fee, and I now have a need to park money
>at them and use their mastercard in order to get to the minimum balance
>required for waving that fee. For my "everything counts" account, that
>means 20K!! I resent that and aim to get rid of Citibank, but so far I
>haven't gotten aroundtuit. In hindsight, I should have never started it,
>but then, at that time I had a Citibank mortgage that counted.
>And Citibank's site is arguably one of the best.

Is there a way in Quicken that you can tell that you are doing
direct connect rather than going thru Yodlee?
From: Han on
Targ <no(a)mail.invalid> wrote in news:t620p5hdbdeehdioqltg39h500qasea1pi@
4ax.com:

> Is there a way in Quicken that you can tell that you are doing
> direct connect rather than going thru Yodlee?

I googled yodlee, because I have no idea what you're talking about. I do
either direct connect or webconnect, I don't yodle, since I'm Dutch, not
Swiss :-)

--
Best regards
Han
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Han.

The Swiss don't yodle, either. They yodel. ;^}

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

From: John Pollard on
Targ wrote:
> In alt.comp.software.financial.quicken, Han wrote:
>
>> Targ <no(a)mail.invalid> wrote in

>>> Looking further, the institution identified as "Citibank Web
>>> Connect" shows a red lightning bolt. Now that seems to be a
>>> contradiction, right?
>>
>> I have been using direct connect for my Citibank accounts since eons.
>> Citibank does charge a $9.95/mo fee, and I now have a need to park
>> money at them and use their mastercard in order to get to the
>> minimum balance required for waving that fee. For my "everything
>> counts" account, that means 20K!! I resent that and aim to get rid
>> of Citibank, but so far I haven't gotten aroundtuit. In hindsight,
>> I should have never started it, but then, at that time I had a
>> Citibank mortgage that counted.
>> And Citibank's site is arguably one of the best.

> Is there a way in Quicken that you can tell that you are doing
> direct connect rather than going thru Yodlee?

Quicken doesn't use Yodlee (but Intuit has it's own Yodlee equivalent,
called "Express Web Connect").

You can get the answer to your question by going to the Overview tab of
your account and clicking Change Online Services. There you will see what
method Quicken is currently setup to download to that account.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: Targ on
In alt.comp.software.financial.quicken, John Pollard wrote:

>> Is there a way in Quicken that you can tell that you are doing
>> direct connect rather than going thru Yodlee?
>
>Quicken doesn't use Yodlee (but Intuit has it's own Yodlee equivalent,
>called "Express Web Connect").

Thanks for the info. Can you say where that is located?

>You can get the answer to your question by going to the Overview tab of
>your account and clicking Change Online Services. There you will see what
>method Quicken is currently setup to download to that account.

Thanks again. I got there, but it may not be quite the way you
pictured. I did not see "Change Online Services". With Account
Overview highlighted for an account I click Options, and select View
Account List, which gives data on all accounts. That has a column
headed by Transaction Download. The one account that I did set up
says "Yes (Web Connect Express)" as I suspected. I don't intend to
share my credentials, so I have changed my credentials on that
account. I want to limit my login credentials to just my computer
and the particular institution.

Can I somehow tell before providing my broker/bank credentials
whether it is Direct Connect or is going to Quicken's aggregation
servers?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Share Drafts in downloads