From: Burt Reynolds on
I have done nothing at all to my computer, but now when loading my daughters pc
games i received an error message that states 'the application requires an
extra (Font..) that either does not exist or has failed to initialize properly.
Please make sure all the appropriate Xtras are in the Xtra(s) folder'.
I click ok and then get. ' 'the application requires an extra (Text..) that
either does not exist or has failed to initialize properly. Please make sure
all the appropriate Xtras are in the Xtra(s) folder'.
I click ok and then get...'Xtra not found 'Filextra4' Script error continue?.

I am running windows 2000 and have the latest verion of macromedia installed
and Quicktime...please help..
Many thanks
Burt

From: openspark on
It sounds as if you are running a stand-alone Director application. In the
same folder as the application itself, there should be a folder named Xtras.
If this is missing then the application will produce errors such as the ones
your are seeing.

Alternatively, the stand-alone Director application may have crashed, or the
computer may have shut the application down brutally at some point. This may
have led to the files in the Xtras folder being damaged.

Can you reinstall the game?

Pages: 1
Prev: shockwave player error in APP
Next: MAC projector