From: Stella1251 on
Is it true that you cant burn a mac projector on a cd from a PC system?
I have MX on windows XP. I even tried making a mac projector on the PC, but it
says its missing xtras even if i include them all.

From: ManOfMac on
You can burn a Mac projector on a PC no worries.... however....

Having done thousands of cross-platform burns (from a mac) the issue with PC
is that PC's cannot naitively create a Macintosh HFS disk image (Windows use
NTFS or FAT32 file systems).

So on a mac I can create a mac disk image, copy all my bits to it, then in
Toast tell it I want a hybrid CD, I select the Mac disk image and that takes
care of the mac side then I drag bits from the mac side to the PC side (inside
Toasts interface) of the Hybrid CD and whatever extraneous PC specific files I
want as well.

Burn !

What happens then is, when a user sticks it in a PC they [b]only[/b] see the
PC files, when they stick it in a Mac they [b]only[/b] see the Mac files. So
you can basically have one targeted disk for both platforms containing shared
and platform specific files.

I have seen somewhere software that lets you create Mac disk images/partitions
on a PC but that was a while ago :-(

Xtras are a whole new can of worms, there is plenty of information regarding
usage and inclusion of xtras both here and in the help files !!

From: Mike Blaustein on
The easiest way to burn a cross-platform disk is on a Mac. I have heard
of 3rd party programs that allow you to do it from a PC, but I've never
tried it. One of the biggest problems is that when you create the Mac
projector, it outputs a hqx archive instead of an executable. The reason
for this is that if you have the executable on a Windows file system, it
will destroy the resource forks so the Mac will not know how to open it.
You need to take that hqx and unarchive it ON A MAC. Then copy over
all of your PC stuff and burn the disk on the Mac. As long as the
un-archived Mac executable never touches a Windows file system, you are OK.
From: tripplesub on
The windows progs that will do it are:

CDEverywhere

and

MacImage

Ideally you would use toast on the mac, but if you dont have a mac available
you can use these - it's not ideal but it works. Just include all xtras in each
projector.

Nero can actually burn a hybrid if you have an external SCSI disk attached,
which is partitioned as HFS to hold the mac files so ntfs or fat32 doesnt
destroy them.

Hope that helps

From: Stella1251 on
Hi..just a few questions..
would it be easier to make a shockwave file instead? Or do not many people
have the ability to open shockwaves? are there different versions of
shockwave..one for mac & pc?

Also...if i do not get a hybrid program..& decide i want to burn on the mac..i
know this is dumb..but doesnt the mac have to have director on it? or is there
a way to transfer this file to a mac & then burn it using toast..?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Director Player Error
Next: Director MX 2004 Help