From: Bikini Browser on
Hello Everyone...

I am a complete novice but I have to learn how do to this so any help would
be apprecaited if it is a step by step of how to do it... We are using a
windows 2003 Standard Server with active directory. I don't know anything
about GPO's or about Active Directory.

I have helped a friend install a new SmoothWall firewall with a proxy server
and I need to stop my users from changing proxy settings on the computers in
our network.

What is the command to open the group policy editor and how do you stop my
users from changing proxy settings?

Please advise....

-
Bikini Browser of San Juan Puerto Rico
Small Business Office Automation
Small Business Document Imaging Solutions
Networking Solutions using Linksys & Cisco Products
http://www.daleallen.com

(787) 637-9100
www.daleallen.com

From: Phillip Windell on
Don't worry about it

Make sure that the ONLY way out to the Internet is through the proxy. Then
if they change or remove their proxy settings then all they do is cut
themselves off from the internet,...If they want the internet then they have
the leave the settings alone.

It is just that simple.

--
Phillip Windell