From: Ed on
How can you disable the warning you get when you send out emails wih no
subject in Outlook 2010?

While this warning may be a usfeul feature for some, espcally in business
scenarios, it is extremely annoying for others.
From: larry on

Ed wrote:
> How can you disable the warning you get when you send out emails wih no
> subject in Outlook 2010?
>
> While this warning may be a usfeul feature for some, espcally in
> business
> scenarios, it is extremely annoying for others.

It can't be disabled.

Larry the IT Guy

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46033

http://www.outlookforums.com

From: VanguardLH on
Ed wrote:

> How can you disable the warning you get when you send out emails wih no
> subject in Outlook 2010?
>
> While this warning may be a usfeul feature for some, espcally in business
> scenarios, it is extremely annoying for others.

This is not a new feature to Outlook 2010. It exists for all versions
of Outlook. Outlook was designed as a business-class or corporate
e-mail client, not specifically for personal/home use.

You should never be sending e-mails with blank Subject headers. Many
anti-spam and user-defined filters will discard e-mails with blank
subjects. It is fairly easy to define a rule to discard any e-mails
with a blank subject. If you have the time to compose the e-mail body
then you have the time to introduce your e-mail with a subject. Just
why would I bother reading your e-mails that you are too lazy to add a
subject for it? This is not a pro-spamming newsgroup to get help on how
to con recipients into opening your e-mails because you chose to *hide*
the content of your message by not showing a subject. In around 19 out
of 20 e-mails with blank subjects, they were spam. So expect your blank
subject e-mails to get treated as spam.
From: dannyboy on

VanguardLH wrote:

> This is not a new feature to Outlook 2010.

I've just upgraded to Outlook 2010 and have the same issue. For info, I
*never* had this issue in Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 97 or 95.

VanguardLH wrote:

> You should never be sending e-mails with blank Subject headers. Many
> anti-spam and user-defined filters will discard e-mails with blank
> subjects. It is fairly easy to define a rule to discard any e-mails
> with a blank subject. If you have the time to compose the e-mail body
> then you have the time to introduce your e-mail with a subject. Just
> why would I bother reading your e-mails that you are too lazy to add a
> subject for it? This is not a pro-spamming newsgroup to get help on
> how
> to con recipients into opening your e-mails because you chose to
> *hide*
> the content of your message by not showing a subject. In around 19
> out
> of 20 e-mails with blank subjects, they were spam. So expect your
> blank
> subject e-mails to get treated as spam.

I totally disagree. The overwhelming majority of junk mails in our spam
filter (and there are a LOT of them) have subjects, even if they are
nonsensical. Simply blocking a mail because it has no subject line is a
pretty crude way of trying to stop spam.

Also, I can't speak for the OP, but in my case I frequently send quick
internal emails with no subject, for example to forward a URL or file to
a colleague or friend who is expecting the email and thus doesn't need
the email to have an "introduction". To make it impossible to disable
the subject warning in Outlook 2010 seems pretty stupid IMO.

From: dannyboy on

Also, your inference that the OP wants to disable this feature as a
pro-spamming measure is extremely patronising. Just because some people
work in a different way to you doesn't make them lazy or spammers.