From: keithb on
Is there some way to disable the Shared Workspace pane so that it does not
display when opening a word document from a SharePoint web site?

Thanks,

Keith

From: Mike Walsh on
It doesn't display for me in a normal 'Team Site template'-based site when I
open documents that I have added to a WSS document library via either
uploading the document to the library or creating the document when in the
library via New Document.

So what is different in your set-up ?

Mike Walsh, Helsinki, Finland
WSS FAQ http://wss.collutions.com
please reply to the newsgroup only

From: keithb on
I'm not sure what you are calling a 'Team Site Template.' It seems like
that when we tried to use the WSS template feature we were limited to only
one template. Our documents use a wide variety of templates that are stored
on a network share.

Thanks,

Keith

From: Mike Walsh on
>Our documents use a wide variety of templates that >are stored on a network
>share.

In that case I'll have to pass. That isn't normal.

Normal is that templates are stored in the WSS system and the default
installation comes with one "Team Site" template, one (?) Document Workspace
template and several Meeting Workspace templates.

Templates added to a system are stored also in WSS in the Site Template
Gallery.