From: ChrisUK on
Hi,

I posted a week or so ago about uninstalling SP3.0.

I was informed that a better plan would be to disable it.

What would be the best way to do this? Stopping the services and setting
them to manual startup, or is there a way to do it via the SP admin panel?
From: Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP] on
You can stop the IIS websites And like you said go into services and set
them to Manual.

I didn't see the other post, is there a reason why you want it stopped?
(If it's memory usage, just tweak the Memory usage down on it.)
Russ

Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small
Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online
Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com Easy Redirect to Microsoft's New SBS Public
Forum - www.SBSRepair.com

From: ChrisUK on
I want it stopped as I constantly get errors in the Event Log relating to SP.
I've tried for months to sort these issues out but everything I tried didn't
work.

As I we don't use it I thought I'd just give in and disable it, I'm tired of
my event log being spammed with errors.

Thanks for the advice Russ, I will disable all SP services and set them to
manual right now :-)