From: anthonyedwards on

Hi, I was wondering if any of you were kind enough to help me out,
we constantly have this error message on our SBS;

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: MAPI Session
Event ID: 9175
Date: 14/07/2010
Time: 10:40:29
User: N/A
Computer: IMPERIALSBS
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has
failed.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000

For more information, click

I know we have umounted the store in our exchange server to save memory,
is there any way to stop the agent from looking for the store?

Kind Regards
Anthony

--
anthonyedwards
anthonyedwards's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/244590.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Steve Foster on
anthonyedwards wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering if any of you were kind enough to help me out,
> we constantly have this error message on our SBS;
>

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
> Event Category: MAPI Session
> Event ID: 9175
> Date: 14/07/2010
> Time: 10:40:29
> User: N/A
> Computer: IMPERIALSBS
> The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
> The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has
> failed.
> The MAPI provider failed.
> Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
> ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000
>
> For more information, click
> http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
> I know we have umounted the store in our exchange server to save
> memory, is there any way to stop the agent from looking for the store?

I don't think dismounting the store will save memory.

Shutting down the Exchange services will.

But why would you want to? (assuming you have a sensible amount of RAM
in your server)

Having lots of free RAM on a fully utilised server just means you
installed more RAM than necessary.

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.: