From: Phoenix on
On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 06:58:29 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<Charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> wrote:
> Generally that is true. The users of existing newsgroups are being
pointed
> to an existing Forum, and in most cases the match up is pretty
reasonable.
> For our particular newsgroup, there really isn't any close match,
and we're
> asking that there be a new Forum created. So far, that hasn't
happened, but
> I'm hopeful it will. We have some time, however, since this
newsgroup is not
> on the initial list of newsgroups being turned off. And, of course,
once a
> newsgroup is turned off, there are other sources for NNTP
newsgroups that
> don't require msnews.microsoft.com to have the NG on it.

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

> "Poutnik" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
> > In article <C5665F05-AB14-4575-90A5-E92D02CCE291(a)microsoft.com>,
> > Charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org says...
> >>
> >> Yes, but for this NG we're still waiting on a home. but by all
means, use
> >> the bridge. It works. Great coding job by Jochen!
> >
> > I had probably naive opinion
> > MS NGs being removed
> > already have MS web forum equivalent. :-)
> >
> > --
> > Poutnik
> > The best depends on how the best is defined.

Meanwhile, the Microsoft.public hierarchy exists on many other
Usenet servers, and will probably continue to do so.
Some free ones are freenews.netfront.net and news.eternal
-september.org.
From: Poutnik on
In article <almarsoft.6329251128233846984(a)news.albasani.net>,
fake(a)fakeemail.com says...

> Meanwhile, the Microsoft.public hierarchy exists on many other
> Usenet servers, and will probably continue to do so.
> Some free ones are freenews.netfront.net and news.eternal
> -september.org.

I already use both of them, using Newsplex
as local server multiplexing proxy.
Then my reader need not to care
what servers I really use.