From: Howard Brazee on
On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 23:39:49 GMT, "James J. Gavan"
<jgavandeletethis(a)shaw.ca> wrote:

>Had this pretty Canadian-Japanese girl in the front row. One of my
>quizzes where you select (a), (b), (c) or (d), asked "Hollerith was ....
>?" Her answer, "I'm not sure, but I think there's a picture of him in
>my textbook".

I'm sort of remembering the typical mustache of that era, but nothing
else about him. But I haven't opened my textbook that had that
picture since 1969.
From: Chuck Stevens on
Thanks for the compliment; I strive to avoid (not always successfully, I
will admit) engaging in battles of wits with unarmed people ;-)

I have no way to judge accuracy in this case, since I have no personal
knowledge of the long line of warmongers to which you refer; however, it
seemed to me that the assocation between the shots taken by those warmongers
and the qualification of those shots as "cheap" in this thread did not
originate with me ... ;-)

-Chuck Stevens

From: codebuster@mindspring.com on
I am the holder of the patent mentioned at the start of this
discussion.

Forgive my coming so late to this conversation. I wasn't aware of it
until a few days ago. I see that the discussion has ranged far afield
from Alistair's original post and my previous board and forum
experience has taught me it is far better to come in with a whimper
than a bang so I'll just say that anyone interested in this technology
can find more information at http://www.source-recovery.com.

In addition, I will be more than happy to address any questions that
anyone should have about the technology or the patent itself (just bear
in mind that I am a software developer and not a patent attorney).

Regards,

Fred Brandes