From: AlDman on
Has anyone else had a problem viewing files in PDMworks using
edrawings after installing SP05?
From: pfarnham on
On 10 Nov, 15:08, AlDman <alancrai...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else had a problem viewing files in PDMworks using
> edrawings after installing SP05?

Like in that you can see the preview, but it totally locks up both
Solidworks and Pdmworks, if you use the view option, that uses
Eviewer?

Yes I have that too.

But we should be used to Solidworks fixing some old problems and
introducing totally fucked up new ones, that used to work!!!

I think is is a Solidworks big bully tactics to get us users, of
Pdmworks, to change to their much bigger baby.

Am I wrong and being paranoid?

Do they test each service pack with Pdmworks??

From: Twit on
It's been like this since I started using it(98+)though I think 2007 /8
were better than other 2000 releases. Don't think it's bully boy
tactics, just corporate incompetence...

Not having as much luck with 2009 - doesn't like anything I've installed
it on so far (and yes I have up-to-date drivers etc)

From: pfarnham on
On 11 Nov, 17:38, Twit <fraggedwitl...(a)btopenworld.com> wrote:
> It's been like this since I started using it(98+)though I think 2007 /8
> were better than other 2000 releases.  Don't think it's bully boy
> tactics, just corporate incompetence...
>
> Not having as much luck with 2009 - doesn't like anything I've installed
> it on so far (and yes I have up-to-date drivers etc)
>

> pfarn...(a)priorclave.co.uk wrote:
> > On 10 Nov, 15:08, AlDman <alancrai...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Has anyone else had a problem viewing files in PDMworks using
> >> edrawings after installing SP05?
>
> > Like in that you can see the preview, but it totally locks up both
> > Solidworks and Pdmworks, if you use the view option, that uses
> > Eviewer?
>
> > Yes I have that too.
>
> > But we should be used to Solidworks fixing some old problems and
> > introducing totally fucked up new ones, that used to work!!!
>
> > I think is is a Solidworks big bully tactics to get us users, of
> > Pdmworks, to change to their much bigger baby.
>
> > Am I wrong and being paranoid?
>
> > Do they test each service pack with Pdmworks??- Hide quoted text -

The funny thing is though, it worked, in a fashion, in sp4, though it
showed every assembly partially exploded.

With sp5, it jams the pc up and even after 23 mins, it's still jammed.
(coffee break).

Only option is to end Solidworks in the task manager.

>just corporate incompetence

I used to think that, But....... I have many bugs listed, some over 2
years old now, that are still waiting to be fixed.
That is not corporate incompetence, that's downright fraudulent!!!!

How can they charge for maintainance, when they can not even fix
anything on the the drawings front.

Looking back over the years, it has always been that the," drawings",
side of Solidworks, just does not work, it never has.
Some examples,

Print, changes a flag in the Solidwork drawing file so now it is newer
than the drawing in the Pdmworks vault, ??

Adding a second sheet to a drawing, set a flag, so that everytime it
is opened, it requires saving, as something has changed, again it is
newer than the drawing in the Pdmworks vault, ??

Add a jpeg to a drawing template with your company logo, and the jpeg
bounces all over the screen, sometime I get three jpegs in the same
template, ??

Change from service pack or to a later version and the bom table
expands all over the drawing views, ??

I am going to start a book on the un-repaired/current and was working
but now broken, bugs inSolidworks, should be as long as war and peace,
lol

All these has spr's and have been proven, have they fixed them since
they begun YEARS ago?, big fat nope.

Edrawings has never worked, flakier than a Cabury's flake.

Pdmworks sometime works or am I being a bit harse there?, More like
Solidworks kills it.

It's such a shame, because it could be great and overtake Autocad and
even Cartia, oops but is that not Desaults too??? Hmmmmm!

The plot thickens!!!!!!

From: AlDman on
On 11 Nov, 18:37, pfarn...(a)priorclave.co.uk wrote:
> On 11 Nov, 17:38, Twit <fraggedwitl...(a)btopenworld.com> wrote:

If one was really cynical you might think that introducing bugs in the
final service pack of 2008 might be a way of forcing upgrades.

At very least we should be able to have them produce a service pack to
back track to SP04.