From: WSR on
I think I understand the value of backing up an "image" of you computer
versus backing up files.

My only question is whether or not you can back up another "image" over a
previous image on a back-up drive or is it a one-time-thing?

Thanks for your help and feedback.

(B^>)-]=[

From: Bill in Co. on
You can either overwrite (i.e. to update) the existing image, or add another
one - your choice. Obviously the more you add, the disk less space is left,
unless you just overwrite some of them.

From: Big_Al on
WSR said this on 3/12/2010 3:47 PM:
> I think I understand the value of backing up an "image" of you computer
> versus backing up files.
>
> My only question is whether or not you can back up another "image" over a
> previous image on a back-up drive or is it a one-time-thing?
>
> Thanks for your help and feedback.
>
> (B^>)-]=[

An image program just writes a file. (unlike clone). Much like an
ISO file, if you know that concept. So you can put as many on a
backup drive as you have space. And I suggest you not only keep
several copies, but test them after creation. They are no good if you
can't read them back. Acronis will do it automatically.

I keep 8 copies for my laptop. One about 3 days after an initial load
and update with some minor software, kind of a re-starting point.
Then I keep the past 7 backups dated like:
"laptop C - 2010 01 31.tib"