From: Karel on

Thanks for the posts above that allowed me to track down the source of
my problem which was slightly different. In my case I could start Disk
Manager, either via *My Computer* right-click, *Manage* left-click, or
via *Run* DISKMGMT.MSC, but all options were disabled or grayed out. In
addition there was only one window pane on the right hand side that
showed drives, but no drive letters.

I checked in the Registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns\line by line comparing
each entry with a laptop also running XP.

In
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns\{8EAD3A12-B2C1-11d0-83AA-00A0C92C9D5D}
I found a difference. In the non working version there was an additional
registry entry, *Value Name* �Dr Watson�, *Data* �Disabled�. I deleted
this entry so both versions were identical and Disk Manager started
working as soon as I started it up.

I would cut and past the complete (three line) Registry entry here but
I don't know how to do that.

--
Karel
Karel's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168328.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: agiwealno on

I used my windows XP install disk & Start>Run>type SFC /SCANNOW to
repair this issue , windows found a dll missing , and prompted me to
insert my OS install disk.It worked ! Ty Byte

--
agiwealno
agiwealno's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168509.htm

From: VanguardLH on
agiwealno replies to a really old thread:

> I used my windows XP install disk & Start>Run>type SFC /SCANNOW to
> repair this issue , windows found a dll missing , and prompted me to
> insert my OS install disk.It worked ! Ty Byte

Your reply to a 21 MONTH OLD thread has no value to the original poster.
Next time notice the datestamps.

> http://forums.techarena.in

A leech site pretending to have forums by running a webnews-for-dummies
interface that submits improperly formatted posts through a gateway to
Usenet (aka newsgroups).
From: Karel on

"agiwealno replies to a really old thread:"

I'm glad that this "really old" thread exists as it was the only
reference that I could find that allowed me to track the source of my
problem. The OP may not need this thread anymore but others might.

From: Daave on
Karel wrote:
> "agiwealno replies to a really old thread:"
>
> I'm glad that this "really old" thread exists as it was the only
> reference that I could find that allowed me to track the source of my
> problem. The OP may not need this thread anymore but others might.

Who are you taking to?