From: Jack on
I have this Sony with the classical stuck lens and "turn off and turn on"
message.

I have successfully repaired couple of Canon E18 lenses, but this Sony lens
package looks a bit more complicated and before I do trial and error on this
I was wondering if there was instructions somewhere for this.
I found the service manual, but it is not a real sevice manual, but only a
parts replacement guide ;-)

So, if you have run across instructions for this, drop me a line.

Thanks,

Jan
Finland

From: Jack on
No need anymore.

I disassembled the lens unit, cleaned it and put back together w/o
instructions and now the camera works like a charm ;-)

Don't recommend this procedure if you haven't done it before. Very delicate
operation.

JMK