From: stulkem on
Hello,

Does anyone know a function that will display the month and year only?
It must be like this ---------> December 2006
Not like this-------------------> DEC-06

Thanks for your help in advance!

Mark

From: toby dunn on
Proc Format ;
Picture ReportDate
Low-High = '%B %Y' ( DataType = Date ) ;
Run ;

Toby Dunn

To sensible men, every day is a day of reckoning. ~John W. Gardner

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice that
which we are for what we could become. ~Charles DuBois

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you
walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter

From: stulkem <mark.a.stulken(a)GTSERVICING.COM>
To: SAS-L(a)LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Display Month and Year only
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:16:21 -0800

Hello,

Does anyone know a function that will display the month and year only?
It must be like this ---------> December 2006
Not like this-------------------> DEC-06

Thanks for your help in advance!

Mark

WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes � enter the Microsoft Office Live
Sweepstakes http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/
From: Venky Chakravarthy on
On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:37:22 +0000, toby dunn <tobydunn(a)HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Proc Format ;
> Picture ReportDate
> Low-High = '%B %Y' ( DataType = Date ) ;
>Run ;

Good choice. I only want to add that a DEFAULT should be specified or when
the format is assigned it must be done with a length long enough to
accommodate the longest month. In other words you will have to state:

format mydate reportdate15.

You could alternately specify a default length while creating your
customized format.

proc format ;
picture myown (default=15)
low - high = '%B %Y'
(datatype=date)
;
run ;

From: "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" on
On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:16:21 -0800, stulkem <mark.a.stulken(a)GTSERVICING.COM>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know a function that will display the month and year only?
>It must be like this ---------> December 2006
>Not like this-------------------> DEC-06
>
>Thanks for your help in advance!
>
>Mark

Perhaps you can get by simply by displaying the date twice, with different
built-in formats. For example,

data _null_;
mydate = today();
put ' Today is in the month' mydate monname. + 1
mydate year. ;
run;

displays

Today is in the month December 2006